Digital X-rays are a popular diagnostic tool used in dentistry to identify, diagnose, treat, and monitor oral problems more efficiently. Compared to traditional X-rays, digital X-rays have less radiation while also improving accuracy, precision, and ease of use.
What Are Digital X-Rays Used For?
Digital x-rays are used for the following purposes in dentistry:
- To obtain the necessary information for dental procedures and treatments
- To confirm the presence of an oral condition and assess its severity
- To determine the overall health of teeth and surrounding bone
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- Less radiation: Compared to traditional X-rays, digital X-rays use 80% less radiation.
- Higher-quality images: The photographs can be enlarged up to any size, allowing Dr. Wang to see any abnormalities.
- These X-rays can be easily forwarded to other specialists for further consultation.
- Immediate viewing: Digital radiography allows both you and Dr. Wang to view the X-rays on a screen in front of you.
Please call Dr. Wang at Jonathan C Wang DDS, inc. in Pleasanton, Ca at (925) 399-6835 or request an appointment online.